Year 11 & 12 Building & Trade
- Pathways to apprenticeship
- A curriculum tailored to the building & trade industry
- An individual teaching approach
- Develop transferable skills for life beyond school
Opportunities and Learning Experiences
There are a range of opportunities and experiences including:
- Work placement opportunities in multiple trades with industry experts
- Accessing a variety of domestic and commercial building sites
- Applied learning environment integrated within industry
- Guest speakers from leaders within the building and construction industry
- Tailored health and fitness programs to ensure you can meet the demands of working within building and construction
- Development of employability skills – 5 Star Apprentices
- Goal Setting, Pathways and Apprenticeship Support
- Engaging with community partners to have a positive impact through various projects
Want to find out more? Attend The upcoming information session
21st August 2017
SEDA College Victoria Head Office
425 Riversdale Road, Hawthorn East VIC 3123
- VCALINT001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Intermediate)
- Multi Industry – Trade Tester – Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical and Bricklaying
- VCALSEN001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Senior)
- 22216VIC Certificate II Pre-Apprenticeship Carpentry*
*Delivered and Assessed by AGA and Skillinvest
Areas of Study
You will receive the opportunity to discover your areas of interest and understand the range of work opportunities that are available in the building and construction industry. Through the Structured Workplace Learning (SWL) program, you will spend one day a week working in your preferred industry, developing real world skills and networking with experts in the building and construction sector. We also organise site visits and invite guest speakers to educate and inspire your studies. We find that this will help you develop your knowledge of work environments and allows you to forge a career pathway.
We encourage students to create projects for themselves and the community using a broad range of trade skills like plastering, bricklaying, carpentry, and wall and floor tiling. You will study both traditional and contemporary approaches to building and learn how to use emerging technologies. There is a focus on ‘Green Building’ and the need for creating environmentally friendly living spaces. You will get the chance to examine 5-Star Rating Systems in the Building and Construction Industry and develop transferable skills.
We nurture our students, leading them towards a healthy and productive lifestyle so they’re physically fit to perform physical work. You will create a fitness and gym program and participate in fitness sessions to improve your stamina and physical wellbeing.
The focus here is on developing leadership and management skills. You will learn all aspects of starting and running a business. This teaches you to handle the challenges that most entrepreneurs face and helps you develop your time and money management skills.
We recognise the need for SEDA College students to grow and develop in the areas of communication, problem-solving and management. We want to empower them to be global citizens at work and find innovative solutions for social problems. For this study area, you will undertake community activities like building and repair work and organise community projects.
Our talented educators help students acquire practical money skills for life. They cover topics like budgeting, borrowing, credit and financial independence. We train you to develop and achieve your long-term financial goals by giving you the knowledge and skills you need for a promising career.