About the business and the role
• Full time, 12 months maximum term contract commencing mid-January 2023
(maternity leave replacement position)
• Fast paced, dynamic environment
• Flexible arrangements in relation to work location
• 5 weeks annual leave per annum
SEDA College (Victoria) is the leader of applied learning for Year 11 & 12 students. We partner with peak industry organisations to provide our students unique opportunities and experiences specific to their interests. Our students will receive a tailored career plan to develop key employability and life skills for a successful future.
SEDA College is seeking a dynamic and experienced Psychologist for a full time 12 months maternity leave position starting mid-January 2023. The role involves overseeing the College Wellbeing program by assisting students and staff in providing appropriate wellbeing support to enhance student engagement and learning.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
• Masters or equivalent qualification in Psychology enabling full registration as a psychologist (Master of Educational Developmental Psychology desirable)
• AHPRA Registration
• Ability to provide a Working with Children Check and undertake a Police Check.
• Experience in an educational or clinical setting working with children and/or adolescents
• Experience in providing evidence-based interventions for individuals and groups, with an emphasis on academic, social and emotional challenges
• Experience in administering and interpreting cognitive, behavioural and educational assessments
• The ability to develop student learning plans to be utilised by classroom teachers
• The ability to build positive relationships with staff, students and parents
• The ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team, and independently
• The ability to organise and run professional development for staff to support student wellbeing
• A current drivers licence and access to a vehicle
Job benefits and perks
SEDA College has been certified as a “Great Place to Work®”. You will also be joining a vibrant organisation with a focus on people, quality and outcomes in a role that will be challenging, and enormously rewarding.
SEDA College is an Equal Opportunity employer and includes merit-based selection, equity, diversity and procedural fairness principles in our recruitment processes.
SEDA College encourages people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disability.
Research shows that while males apply for roles when they meet some of the selection criteria, females and members of other marginalised groups tend to apply for roles only when they have all the skills and experience required. So, if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point above, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a conversation to see if you could be a great fit for the College.
Applicants are required to submit a covering letter outlining why you are interested in the position and addressing the key selection criteria listed in the Position Description located by clicking on the link below, plus a current resume.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicants who have current working rights will be considered. Applications which do not include all the documentation as outlined above may also be discounted.
To ensure that SEDA College is recruiting the right people for our College, our screening process includes but is not limited to structured interviewing and selection processes, a Criminal History Check, Working with Children Check, online searches, and reference checks.
SEDA College (Victoria) is committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children. All members of our community, including employees, contractors, agency staff and volunteers, have an important role in providing students with a safe and nurturing environment in which to prosper and thrive. The College has zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently within our policies and procedures.
SEDA College (Victoria) is committed to preventing child abuse through identifying risks early, and removing and reducing these risks. We have robust human resources and recruitment practices, supported by regular training and development.
We support and respect all children, as well as all members of our community. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal students, the cultural safety of children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse background, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
The incumbent of this role must comply with SEDA College’s Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy and related policies and procedures (including the Code of Conduct).
Applications close 5pm, 9th December 2022.