AFL Victoria Talented Player Program
Complete your secondary education in a high-performance training environment that is endorsed by AFL Victoria.
We take a holistic and integrated approach to your final two years of school, with a curriculum and individual high-performance training plan that challenges you to get the best out of yourself. We focus on you as:
Experience an education program that is highly engaging and in context for you, combining the business of sport, coaching methods, sports science, high-performance training, skill development and personal development, where you are educated and mentored by highly credentialed people from SEDA and the AFL industry.
As the Student, you get to test career possibilities, develop networks and get the skills for your life beyond football.
The Individual High-Performance Training Plan covers a number of key areas:
- Skill acquisition and game play
- Skill assessment and analysis, expert coaching, individual game analysis, match review and assessment;
- Fitness & Diet
- Physical assessment, screening and fitness testing, healthy eating, game preparation, recovery and injury prevention/management
- Individual strength and conditioning program
- Mental preparation
- Leadership and goal setting
- Our industry experts will connect across and support you with your High-Performance Training Plan
- You will access and use facilities, equipment and technology that is used in an elite training environment
If you are already in an existing elite pathway program, your High Performance Plan will be tailored to complement your existing programs. We will develop the plan in consultation with your pathway coach to ensure that the focus of your plan is consistent with the individual needs they have already identified and your load is properly managed.
- VCALINT001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Intermediate)
- SIS20115 Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- VCALSEN001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Senior)
- SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
Areas of Study
AFL Industry Experts
Our team comprises professionals who have extensive experience in education and high-performance environments. Our current industry experts team include:
- Chris Johnson – Three time Brisbane Lions Premiership Player, Under 16 Vic Metro Coach & Diversity Talent Manager, AFL Victoria
- Paul Hamilton – Former Assistant Coach, North Melbourne & Adelaide and AFL Victoria State Talent Manager
- Mitch Brown – Former West Coast Eagles Player
- Ben McGlynn – Assistant Coach, St. Kilda Football Club
- Sally Riley – SEDA teacher and current AFLW Adelaide Crows Vice Captain
- Jason Johnson – Essendon Premiership Player, 200 Games and Owner, Dynamic Food and Sport Nutrition
- Simon Dalrymple – National Recruiting Manager, Western Bulldogs FC
- Xavier Moloney – Diversity Manager AFL Victoria
- Matthew Pell – Strength and Conditioning Coach, Carlton FC
- Xavier Campbell – CEO, Essendon Football Club
- Andrew Newbold – AFL Commissioner, Former President Hawthorn Football Club
- Matt Finnis – CEO, St. Kilda Football Club
- Ben Heenan – SEDA College Vice-Principal and Assistant Coach Vic Metro Under 16’s
- Josh Milner – Eastern Ranges, Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Dominic Cato – Former General Manager Football Operations and Chief Operating Officer, Essendon Football Club
- Nick Hannett – Former Community Manager, Essendon Football Club
- Claire Saundry – Dietitian, Western Bulldogs Football Club
- Ron Watt – Member Services Manager AFL Coaches Association
- Kashif Bouns -General Manager Western Bulldogs Community Foundation
- Fitness Professionals – Acceleration Melbourne
You will attend classroom facilities adjacent to Ikon Park, Carlton, as well as accessing high-performance gym facilities and high-performance training environments of AFL Clubs throughout the program.
Applicants will need to demonstrate a high level of playing ability and meet one of the following criteria:
- Currently on the list of an Under 18’s TAC Cup Club
- Currently in the Under 16’s National Trials for Vic Metro or Vic Country
- Currently in the Under 15 or Under 16 TAC Cup Club Development squad
- A representative player at interleague level
- Next Generation Academy
Students who apply for the program will be required to provide documentation at their interview that details their involvement in one of the criteria listed above.
A great way to learn more about the program is to come along to one of our information evenings.
Click here to register your spot and we look forward to seeing you on the night.