AFL Victoria Talented Player Program
Complete your secondary education in a high-performance training environment that is endorsed by AFL Victoria.
We take a holistic and integrated approach to your final two years of school, with a curriculum and individual high-performance training plan that challenges you to get the best out of yourself. We focus on you as:
Experience an education program that is highly engaging and in context for you, combining the business of sport, coaching methods, sports science, high-performance training, skill development and personal development, where you are educated and mentored by highly credentialed people from SEDA and the AFL industry.
As the Student, you get to test career possibilities, develop networks and get the skills for your life beyond football.
The Individual High-Performance Training Plan covers a number of key areas:
- Skill acquisition and game play
- Skill assessment and analysis, expert coaching, individual game analysis, match review and assessment;
- Fitness & Diet
- Physical assessment, screening and fitness testing, healthy eating, game preparation, recovery and injury prevention/management
- Individual strength and conditioning program
- Mental preparation
- Leadership and goal setting
- Our industry experts will connect across and support you with your High-Performance Training Plan
- You will access and use facilities, equipment and technology that is used in an elite training environment
If you are already in an existing elite pathway program, your High Performance Plan will be tailored to complement your existing programs. We will develop the plan in consultation with your pathway coach to ensure that the focus of your plan is consistent with the individual needs they have already identified and your load is properly managed.
- VCALSEN001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Senior)
- SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
*SEDA College (Victoria) provides training and assessment services, individual support services and recruitment of prospective learners on behalf of SEDA Group (RTO Provider: 22503)
Areas of Study
You will attend classroom facilities adjacent to Ikon Park, Carlton, as well as accessing high-performance gym facilities and high-performance training environments.
To be eligible for the AFL Victoria Talented Player program, applicants must demonstrate a high level of playing ability and meet one of the following criteria to automatically qualify for a position:
- Currently on the list of an Under 18’s NAB Cup Club
- Currently in the Under 16’s National Trials for Vic Metro or Vic Country
- Currently in the Under 15 or Under 16 NAB Cup Club Development squad
Applicants that meet the below criteria may be subject to a waitlist:
- A representative player at interleague level
- Next Generation Academy
Students who apply for the program will be required to provide documentation at their interview that details their involvement in one of the criteria listed above.
A great way to learn more about the program is to come along to one of our information evenings.
Click here to register your spot and we look forward to seeing you on the night.