Melbourne City Talented Player Program
The Melbourne City Talented Player Program delivers quality education and sports performance outcomes.
The curriculum combines weekly training sessions with practical learning activities to enable you to complete your years 11 and 12 and give you the best chance to improve your overall game.
We aim to enhance your athletic performance with an individualised high performance training plan to develop your understanding of the requirements for strong health, wellbeing, skills development and performance.
You are educated and mentored by highly credentialed people from SEDA and the sports industry and learn about the business of sport, coaching methods, sports science, high performance training, skill development and personal development.
- VCALINT001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Intermediate)
- SIS20115 Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- VCALSEN001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Senior)
- SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
Areas of Study
- Students will have the opportunity to participate in training sessions at the Melbourne City’s premier training facility the CFA
- Sessions delivered by Melbourne City High Performance coaches and staff
- Individualised football specific fitness and skills based training programs
- Fitness training sessions delivered by expert fitness staff from leading Strength and Conditioning provider Acceleration
- Grassroots Football Coaching Course
- High-performance training sessions delivered by current SEDA Ambassador, Patrick Kisnorbo
Admission into the Talented Player Program is dependent on skill. Students must be playing at one of the following levels to apply: National Premier League, NPL 1 – Seniors, Reserves and U/20s, WPL – Seniors or Reserves, NPL – U/18s and U/16s or State League 1 – Seniors and Reserves. Students will be required to trial for a position