About the business and the role
• Full time ongoing role
• Fast paced, dynamic environment
• Flexible working environment
• 5 weeks annual leave
SEDA College (Victoria) is the leader of hands-on education for Year 11 & 12 students. We partner with peak industry organisations to provide our students unique opportunities and experiences specific to their interests. Our students will receive a tailored career plan to develop key employability and life skills for a successful future. SEDA College is currently seeking a qualified and motivated Registrar to join our team located in Hawthorn East.
The Registrar is responsible for the overall management of the student life cycle within the College. This will include maintaining all student records in the College’s student databases.
Skills and experience
• Strong attention to detail and ability to check own work and produce high quality and accurate outputs
• Demonstrated administration skills combined with a capacity to manage multiple projects
• Competent in developing and administering detailed policies and procedures
• Approachable and able to work as part of a team
• Demonstrated commitment to outstanding customer service including the willingness to go the extra mile to satisfy customer needs
• Excellent relationship management skills and strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to liaise effectively with all, including external providers
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to exercise discretion and always maintain confidentiality
• Experience working with Education Management Systems, ideally Synergetic, Schoolbox, VASS and EnrolHQ systems
• A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent relevant experience
• A high level of understanding of Microsoft Office products is desired
• A valid Working with Children Check is required for this position
Job benefits and perks
SEDA College has been certified as a “Great Place to Work®”. You will also be joining a vibrant organisation with a focus on people, quality and outcomes in a role that will be challenging, and enormously rewarding.
SEDA College is an Equal Opportunity employer and includes merit-based selection, equity, diversity and procedural fairness principles in our recruitment processes.
SEDA College encourages people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disability.
Research shows that while males apply for roles when they meet some of the selection criteria, females and members of other marginalised groups tend to apply for roles only when they have all the skills and experience required. So, if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point above, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a conversation to see if you could be a great fit for the College.
Applicants are required to submit a covering letter outlining why you are interested in the position and addressing the key selection criteria listed in the Position Description located below plus a current resume.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their applications early as shortlisting may occur prior to the closing date. Only applicants who have current working rights will be considered. Applications which do not include all the documentation as outlined above may also be discounted.
To ensure that SEDA College is recruiting the right people for our College, our screening process includes but is not limited to structured interviewing and selection processes, a Criminal History Check, Working with Children Check, online searches, and reference checks.
SEDA College (Victoria) is committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children. All members of our community, including employees, contractors, agency staff and volunteers, have an important role in providing students with a safe and nurturing environment in which to prosper and thrive. The College has zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently within our policies and procedures.
SEDA College (Victoria) is committed to preventing child abuse through identifying risks early, and removing and reducing these risks. We have robust human resources and recruitment practices, supported by regular training and development.
We support and respect all children, as well as all members of our community. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal students, the cultural safety of children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse background, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
The incumbent of this role must comply with SEDA College’s Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy and related policies and procedures (including the Code of Conduct).
Applications close 23 February 2024.
SEDA College Head Office, HAWTHORN EAST
*Registration is required to attend
SEDA College VIC Head Office, HAWTHORN EAST
*Online attendance also available