Risk & Compliance Manager
About the business and the role
- Full time, ongoing position
- Fast paced, dynamic environment
- 5 weeks annual leave
SEDA College (Victoria) is an independent school in Victoria and is the leader of hands on education for Year 11 & 12 students. We partner with peak industry organisations to provide our students unique opportunities and experiences specific to their interests. Our students will receive a tailored career plan to develop key employability and life skills for a successful future. SEDA College is currently seeking a qualified and motivated Risk and Compliance Manager to join our Operations team located in Hawthorn East.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The Risk and Compliance Manager manages the day-to-day operations of risk mitigation and policy and procedures development, ensuring that SEDA College meets its Compliance and Assurance obligations as determined by all external organisations. They will work closely with the Leadership Team to ensure that SEDA College meets its Governance obligations.
Skills and experience
- Suitable experience and background relevant to the role.
- Understanding that relationship management is at the heart of this role and that SEDA College expects all staff to work together productively.
- Identifies problems, seeks information to understand the root cause of the problem, finds the solutions to the problem and decides on the most effective solution. Implements and follows up to ensure problem is rectified.
- Must be flexible, able to adapt and be motivated by working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Communicates effectively, constantly keeping in mind the importance of the words used, how they are spoken i.e. the tone used, the importance of listening and non-verbal communication.
- Identifies areas of improvement, takes responsibility to make positive change. Use new and creative ideas to make these improvements, adding value to the business as work is completed.
- High level of self organisation.
- Understands the importance of completing work and checking it, taking the time to ensure accuracy.
- A valid Working with Children Check is required for this position
You will be joining a vibrant organisation with a focus on people, quality and outcomes in a role that will be challenging, and enormously rewarding.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their covering letter and current resume early as the role may close prior to the closing date. To apply, please send your application to email@example.com or by mail to SEDA College Human Resources, 425 Riversdale Road, Hawthorn East, Victoria 3123. Only applicants with current working rights are eligible to apply.
Applications close 27 July 2018