Student Connect Coordinator
- Full time, ongoing position
- Fast paced, dynamic environment
- Flexible working environment
- 5 week’s annual leave
SEDA College (Victoria) is the leader of hands on education for Year 11 & 12 students. We partner with peak industry organisations to provide our students unique opportunities and experiences specific to their interests. Our students will receive a tailored career plan to develop key employability and life skills for a successful future. SEDA College is currently seeking a qualified and motivated Student Connect Coordinator to join our team.
Although the position is based at our head office in Hawthorn East the role will predominantly be involved in servicing our North West programs.
The position will report to the Assistant Principal Education and will be required to work collaboratively with all teaching and support staff. The primary purpose of this role is to support young people to remain engaged with learning by assisting them to access appropriate youth, health and community based services in a timely manner. This will occur via telephone, face to face meetings, email or SMS where presenting needs will be assessed and referrals made to local health and community based services as appropriate.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Ensuring there is an effective knowledge of health and community based service providers for student referrals in all campus locations.
- Managing the early identification and follow up of students who, due to health and wellbeing issues, are at risk of disengagement.
- Implementing a secondary consultation service in collaboration with the relevant manager to support teachers in identifying students who are at risk of disengagement due to their health and wellbeing issues or concerns.
- Sourcing student health and wellbeing programs from local, state or national service providers.
- Providing advice and assistance in the delivery of health and wellbeing programs for students within SEDA College.
Suitable applicants will possess a relevant qualification in Social Work or Youth Work, and be experienced preferably within the education or community sector. Additionally, experience in being part of a youth focused service; working within a telephone counselling service and in developing psycho social-assessments and creating referral pathways is required. The ability to develop strong working relationships and support staff with management of student engagement and wellbeing issues is essential. A current Working with Children’s Check is required for this position.
Job benefits and perks:
You will be joining a vibrant organisation with a focus on people, quality and outcomes in a role that will be challenging, and enormously rewarding.
Applicants are required to submit a covering letter, current resume and statement addressing the key selection criteria outlined in the Position Description. To apply, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEDA College encourages people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disability. Only applicants with current working rights are eligible to apply.
Applications close Monday, 24 June 2019.