About the business and the role
• Full time, ongoing position
• Fast paced, dynamic environment
• Flexible working environment
• 5 weeks annual leave
SEDA College (Victoria) is the leader of hands on education for Year 11 & 12 students. We partner with peak industry organisations to provide our students unique opportunities and experiences specific to their interests. Our students will receive a tailored career plan to develop key employability and life skills for a successful future. SEDA College is currently seeking a qualified and motivated Student Records and VASS Administration Officer to join our team located in Hawthorn East.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The Student Records and VASS Administration Officer is responsible for maintaining the student records for the College. This will include liaising with external stakeholders to ensure students are transferred and enrolled in a timely manner as well as meeting any relevant deadlines on the VCAA yearly schedule.
Skills and experience
• A clear understanding of VCAA requirements for VET, VCAL and VCE program construction and student enrolment
• Strong attention to detail and ability to check own work and produce accurate outputs
• Experience working with Education Management Systems, such as VASS, Synergetic, Schoolbox, and EnrolHQ systems
• Good communication (verbal and written), planning and scheduling skills are needed to adhere to strict timelines
• Demonstrated administration skills in a fast-paced environment
• Approachable and with the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
• Excellent relationship skills and strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to liaise effectively with all, including external providers
• Ability to exercise discretion and always maintain confidentiality
• A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent relevant experience
• A high level of understanding of Microsoft Office products is desired
• A valid Working with Children Check is required for this position
Job benefits and perks
SEDA College has been certified as a “Great Place to Work®”. You will also be joining a vibrant organisation with a focus on people, quality and outcomes in a role that will be challenging, and enormously rewarding.
SEDA College is an Equal Opportunity employer and includes merit-based selection, equity, diversity and procedural fairness principles in our recruitment processes.
SEDA College encourages people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disability.
Research shows that while males apply for roles when they meet some of the selection criteria, females and members of other marginalised groups tend to apply for roles only when they have all the skills and experience required. So, if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point above, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a conversation to see if you could be a great fit for the College.
Applicants are required to submit a covering letter outlining why you are interested in the position and addressing the key selection criteria listed in the Position Description located by clicking on the link below, plus a current resume.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com.
Only applicants who have current working rights will be considered. Applications not which do not include all the documentation as outlined above may also be discounted.
To ensure that SEDA College is recruiting the right people for our College, our screening process includes but is not limited to structured interviewing and selection processes, a Criminal History Check, Working with Children Check, online searches, and reference checks.
SEDA College (Victoria) is committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children. All members of our community, including employees, contractors, agency staff and volunteers, have an important role in providing students with a safe and nurturing environment in which to prosper and thrive. The College has zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently within our policies and procedures.
SEDA College (Victoria) is committed to preventing child abuse through identifying risks early, and removing and reducing these risks. We have robust human resources and recruitment practices, supported by regular training and development.
We support and respect all children, as well as all members of our community. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal students, the cultural safety of children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse background, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
The incumbent of this role must comply with SEDA College’s Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy and related policies and procedures (including the Code of Conduct).
Applications close 5th October 2022