You can apply for any of the programs offered at SEDA College by filling out our Online Application Form. Providing you meet any specified program entry requirements, you can complete an Online Application by clicking the button below.
If you wish to receive some further information before you apply, please fill out our Enquiry Form.
- Applications for all programs open via our online application form on the 1st May for entry the following year.
- SEDA College programs commence in February and there is one intake per year beginning in May. Positions are offered on a ‘first in, best dressed’ basis so, the earlier you apply, the more availability there will be in our programs.
- Eligible applicants are invited to attend an information session and interview following the submission of their application. Information sessions and interviews are held from mid-May through to the end of the year and are held regularly until all positions are filled. Students are asked to bring formal documentation to their interview, including their most recent school report, written references and a resume.
- Students are asked to select venue/sport preferences at their interview to assist with class selection.
- In most cases, students who have provided all the required documentation can expect a decision on their application within two weeks of their interview. SEDA College may undertake further assessment of an application as required prior to a decision being made.
- Successful students are required to fill out an online admission form to accept their offer into the program.
- Admitted students will attend a SEDA College induction session towards the end of the year to receive final information regarding the SEDA College program. Classes and venue allocations are confirmed at this time.
- New students attend an orientation day prior to the end of the year to meet their teacher and classmates.
- Students undertake an orientation week in early February of the following year.
In addition to the process above, SEDA College may need to undertake further selection processes as required on a case-by-case basis.
TALENTED PLAYER PROGRAMS
Students who have applied for our Cricket Australia, Melbourne Victory or Melbourne City Talented Player Programs will attend an information session and interview, as per the selection process outlined above. If successful at the interview stage, students will be invited to trial for a position in the Talented Player Program in late September/early October. If successful at the trial, students will be offered a position in a Talented Player Program.
If unsuccessful, students will be offered a place in a Sports Development Program. However, it may not be the class or sport of the student’s preference as positions in many of our classes may have filled by this time.
Please note: To be eligible to trial for a position in any of our Talented Player Program, you must satisfy our strict eligibility criteria. Please see Eligibility for further details.
BUILDING AND TRADE PROGRAM
Students who have applied to the Building and Trade Program will be required to undertake a separate enrolment process for their VET Qualifications once accepted into the program.