Education Engagement Assistant
- Part Time Employment (Fixed Term Contract to 8 November 2019)
- 4hrs/Day 10am-2pm
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (days vary based on location)
- 8hrs across 2 days OR 16hrs across 4 days
- Various locations across metropolitan Melbourne
SEDA College (Victoria) is the leader of hands on education for Year 11 & 12 students. We partner with peak industry organisations to provide our students unique opportunities and experiences specific to their interests. Our students will receive a tailored career plan to develop key employability and life skills for a successful future. SEDA College is currently seeking a qualified and motivated Education Engagement Assistant to join our team.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The Education Engagement Assistant’s role is to assist students and the classroom teacher to enhance the student experience. This will involve either, extending high achieving students to ensure they are being challenged or providing support for students needing further assistance. This will be achieved by developing a positive collaborative working relationship with the classroom teacher and students.
Skills and experience
· Experience working with young people (within education preferred but not essential)
· Demonstrated ability to implement effective learning strategies that improves student engagement
· Demonstrated capacity to work with and build professional relationships with young people and colleagues
· Well-developed written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to interact effectively with a broad range of people at all levels
· A valid Employee Working with Children Check
· First Aid
You will be joining a vibrant organisation with a focus on people, quality and outcomes in a role that will be challenging and enormously rewarding. Opportunity to engage students through your own expertise and experiences.
Applicants are required to submit a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a current resume. A copy of the Position Description can be located here.
Enquiries can be directed to Amos Wilson, Education Coordinator on 0408 994 899 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please send your application to email@example.com. Only applicants with current working rights are eligible to apply.
SEDA College encourages people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with disability.
Applications close 10th July 2019.