Kick start your career in the building & Trade industry
with a tailored Year 11 and 12 Program at SEDA College alongside leading industry experts.
We plan and develop the curriculum with the building and construction industry. This helps you to connect your learning experiences to the type of activities and projects you might undertake if working as a 5 Star Apprentice. We aim to give you the skills and knowledge to obtain and complete your apprenticeship.
- VCALINT001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Intermediate)
- Multi Industry – Trade Tester – Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical and Bricklaying
- VCALSEN001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Senior)
- 22216VIC Certificate II Pre-Apprenticeship Carpentry*
*Delivered and Assessed by AGA and Skillinvest
Areas of Study
Opportunities and Learning Experiences
There are a range of opportunities and experiences including:
- Work placement opportunities in multiple trades with industry experts
- Accessing a variety of domestic and commercial building sites
- Applied learning environment integrated within industry
- Guest speakers from leaders within the building and construction industry
- Tailored health and fitness programs to ensure you can meet the demands of working within building and construction
- Development of employability skills – 5 Star Apprentices
- Goal Setting, Pathways and Apprenticeship Support
- Engaging with community partners to have a positive impact through various projects
The Building & Trade Team
Our team is made of professionals who have extensive experience in education and the building and trade industry. We combine our thinking and efforts to provide a practical, hands-on learning environment to help you develop industry knowledge and employability skills you need to work in the industry.
Our Current Industry Experts:
- Professionals from AVJennings, Villawood Properties, APM Group, Ascot Group, AGA and Skillinvest
Additional Industry Qualifications
- White Card
- Level II First Aid
On the Tools
As a part of going to school, you get to apply what you learn using the same tools tradesmen use. You will also take part in a number of practical projects to improve your employability skills and apprenticeship opportunities.