AFL Victoria Sports Development Program
Connect your Year 11 and 12 studies to a recreation environment, tailored to the AFL industry. We partner with AFL Victoria, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne, St Kilda and Western Bulldogs Football Clubs, which enables you to be connected to and learn from highly credentialed people in the AFL industry.
We plan and develop the curriculum with the AFL industry, and connect your learning experiences to the type of activities and projects that you might undertake if working in a recreation and AFL environment.
- VCALINT001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Intermediate)
- SIS20115 Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- VCALSEN001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Senior)
- SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
Areas of Study
Opportunities and Learning Experiences
There are a range of opportunities and experiences:
- Work placements and volunteer opportunities at AFL Victoria and AFL Clubs
- Accessing AFL Club and high performance environments
- AFL and AFL Victoria match day activations and events e.g. AFL Playground
- AFL Club match day activities
- Coaching on behalf of AFL Victoria and AFL Clubs across many different settings – Auskick, schools, multicultural and all abilities activities
- AFL Club activities and events – fan development, family days and community events
- Learning from many people who work at the AFL, AFL Victoria and AFL Clubs in various roles across senior management, football operations, coaching, recruiting, high performance, marketing, communications, membership/fan development, community engagement and events
- Meeting and engaging with AFL players and coaches
- Level 1 Coaching and AFL Basic Umpiring Course, delivered by the industry
The AFL Team
Our team comprises professionals who have extensive experience in education and the sports industry. We combine our thinking and efforts to provide a rich learning environment to help you develop industry knowledge and employability skills that transfer across industries.
Our Current Industry Experts:
- Staff from AFL, AFL Victoria and AFL Clubs across senior management, football operations, coaching, recruiting, high performance, marketing, communications, membership/fan development, community engagement and events
- Coaches and players from the AFL Industry, including our current Ambassador, Mitch Brown
Playing the Game
As a part of going to school, you get to apply what you learn to improve your game. You will participate in performance training, skill development, tactical sessions and fitness training for AFL, as well as enjoy the variety that comes from looking at other sports.