Aquatic Sports Development Program
The Aquatic Sports Development Program connects you with leading industry organisations and enables you to make strong industry connections and learn from experts in the Aquatic industry.
You will study a curriculum that has been developed directly with experienced professionals from the Aquatic industry specifically tailored to your interests. You will learn about and experience the range of roles and what it is like to work in the Aquatics industry.
- VCALINT001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Intermediate)
- SIS20115 Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- VCALSEN001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Senior)
- SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
Areas OF STUDY
Opportunities and Learning Experiences
The Aquatic Sports Development Program enables you to develop a range of skills through various practical activities including:
- Conducting school surf league events for secondary schools
- Completing voluntary work for industry events
- Teaching vision impaired swimming
- Assisting with sailability programs
The Aquatics Team
The aquatics team bring a wealth of experience to the table with a comprehensive background in education, aquatics, recreational activities and physical education. We also connect you with the staff of our aquatics industry partners.
Additional Industry Qualifications
As part of the curriculum you will be given the opportunity to obtain industry specific qualifications, delivered by our Industry Partner, these include:
- Community Surf Qualification
- Sailing Qualification (Year 11)
- Sailing Assistant Instructor Qualification (Year 12)
Playing the Game
The program also provides you with the opportunity to develop your own skills in your chosen sport and a range of other sports. You will have different opportunities to participate in sailing, swimming and lifesaving activities to apply what you have learned to become a better athlete.
READY TO APPLY?