Aquatics Sports Development Program
The Aquatics Sports Development Program connects you with leading industry organisations and enables you to make strong industry connections and learn from experts in the Aquatic industry.
You will study a curriculum that has been developed directly with experienced professionals from the Aquatic industry specifically tailored to your interests. You will learn about and experience the range of roles and what it is like to work in the Aquatics industry.
- VCALINT001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Intermediate)
- SIS20115 Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- VCALSEN001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Senior)
- SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
Areas OF STUDY
Opportunities and Learning Experiences
The Aquatic Sports Development Program enables you to develop a range of skills through various practical activities including:
- Opportunity to complete work placements with Swimming Victoria, Lifesaving Victoria and Australian Sailing
- Conducting beach programs teaching water safety to primary school students
- Completing voluntary work for industry events for Swimming Victoria meets and Lifesaving Victoria Pool Lifeguard
- Challenge and School Surf League
- Competing in School Sports Victoria Swimming Competitions and School Surf League
- Industry partner training sessions with Swimming Victoria, Lifesaving Victoria and Australian Sailing
- Teaching swimming and water safety at Port Phillip Specialist School
- Teaching vision impaired swimming with Blind Sports Victoria
- Opportunities to gain casual employment with Industry partners
The Aquatics Team
The aquatics team bring a wealth of experience to the table with a comprehensive background in education, aquatics, recreational activities and physical education. We also connect you with the staff of our aquatics industry partners.
Additional Industry Qualifications
As part of the curriculum you will be given the opportunity to obtain industry specific qualifications, delivered by our Industry Partner, these include:
- Swim Teacher Qualification (AUSTSWIM/SAT)
- Community Surf Lifesaving Qualification with Lifesaving Victoria
- Sailing 1/2 Qualification (Year 11) with Australian Sailing
- Sailing Assistant Instructors Qualification (Year 12) with Australian Sailing
Playing the Game
The program also provides you with the opportunity to develop your own skills in your chosen sport and a range of other sports. You will have different opportunities to participate in sailing, swimming and lifesaving activities to apply what you have learned to become a better athlete.
READY TO APPLY?