Cricket Australia Sports Development Program
The Cricket Australia Development Program offers a unique opportunity for you to complete your years 11 and 12 and connect your studies with the cricket industry. You will study a hands on curriculum while working with and learning from experts from Cricket Australia, Cricket Victoria, Melbourne Stars and the Melbourne Renegades.
In this program you will experience a mix of practical and classroom based activities linked to your interest. You will also spend time working with staff from these organisations to achieve a genuine understanding of different job roles in the cricket industry. This will provide you with the opportunity to develop networks, learn directly from industry professionals and gain entry to high profile venues and events.
- VCALINT001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Intermediate)
- SIS20115 Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- VCALSEN001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Senior)
- SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
Areas of Study
Opportunities and Learning Experiences
Cricket Australia Development Program students are provided with a range of opportunities to experience what it would be like to work in the cricket industry including:
- Opportunities to become involved in events like the Boxing Day Test, One Day Internationals and T/20 fixtures
- Event management at Boxing Day test matches, One Day International and T/20 fixtures
- Fan activation activities at BBL games for the Melbourne Stars or Melbourne Renegades
- Opportunities to secure work placements across a variety of departments at Cricket Australia, Melbourne Stars, Melbourne Renegades and Cricket Victoria
- Woolworths Cricket Blast Programs – Delivery of cricket clinics in schools and Woolworths Cricket Blast Centres
- Woolworths Cricket Blast School Cups – Running competitions and officiating with Cricket Australia and Cricket Victoria staff
- Community Coach Accreditation Course
- Level 1 Umpiring Accreditation
The Cricket Australia Team
Our team of teachers, trainers and industry partners have strong connections and experience with the professional cricket industry. In partnership with local and national cricket organisations our team teach a practical curriculum that provides students the opportunity to gain industry experience.
Students will learn from expert Ambassadors including Simon Helmot (international high performance cricket coach), and current Australian player and SEDA graduate, Glenn Maxwell.
Playing the Game
In addition to developing your knowledge of the cricket industry you will also have the opportunity to apply what you learn to improve your game. Class activities will include performance training, skill development, tactical sessions and fitness training as well as the chance to participate in a range of other sports.
READY TO APPLY?