Cricket Australia Talented Player Program
The Cricket Australia Talented Player Programs integrates a full-time senior secondary program into a high performance training environment.
You have the opportunity to complete your years 11 and 12 in a highly engaging environment combining the business of sport, sports science, high performance training, skill development and personal development to assist you to develop as an athlete.
Learning from industry experts across a range of areas you will work with them on an individual plan to improve your overall game.
- VCALINT001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Intermediate)
- SIS20115 Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- VCALSEN001 Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Senior)
- SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
Areas of Study
- Students will have the opportunity to participate in training sessions at the Bill Lawry indoor training facility located at the MCG
- Sessions delivered by Cricket Victoria/Melbourne Stars/Melbourne Renegades High Performance coaches and staff
- Specialist sessions delivered by current Melbourne Stars, Melbourne Renegades, Victorian Bushrangers and Vic Spirit players
- Individualised cricket specific fitness and skills based training programs
- Training sessions conducted at Victorian Premier Cricket club locations
- Community Coach Accreditation Course
- Level 1 Umpiring Accreditation
Students who wish to apply to the Cricket Australia Talented Player Program must;
- Represent their U/16 or U/18 Regional Pathway team in the Cricket Victoria State Championships
- Currently play Premier Cricket
- Currently represent a First XI or Second XI in the Victorian Sub-District Cricket Association
Prior to a student being accepted into the Talented Player Program, they must be successful in the SEDA College 2018 trial. Individuals who are unable to meet this requirement due to their individual circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis.